What happens to your income or lifestyle when you suffer a serious illness or accident?
Disability insurance, also referred to as Trauma cover, pays a lump sum on the diagnosis or occurrence of a list of serious illnesses and specified injuries. These policies generally cover around 35 medical conditions including heart attacks, stokes and cancers. Any one of these conditions may disable you for a period of time or permanently. The lump sum payment could help replace loss of earnings, help fund additional medical care, pay for home help or childcare, fund modifications to the home or simply used to pay off debts.
- Level – fixed lump sum
- Inflation Linked – lump sum increases with rate of inflation
- Standalone – Policy not coupled to Life Insurance Cover
- Accelerated – Sum assured forms part of Life Cover
Disability insurance is an ideal way to plan for the unexpected, whether you are in the work force or a stay-at-home mom or dad, or even completing further studies.
OPTIONAL FEATURES MAY INCLUDE:
- Funeral Benefit
- Women’s Additional cancer benefits e.g. breast, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes
- Men’s Prostrate removal benefit
- Children’s benefit – covers children’s critical illness
- Waiver of Premium
- Life Cover buyback
- Total Permanent Disability (TPD) cover